Friday, February 20, 2015

Response to ISIS Part II

Here begins the most informal blog I've written yet
"When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another..." (The Declaration of Independence) While this quote might not seem like the most appropriate for this topic, ill do my best to explain my thoughts. Since the beginning of America, we have always been the "hot blooded" young Americans. Look at our music history by itself, Link Wray, a famous guitarist back in the 50's and 60's wrote a song called Rumble. A song with a simple, highly overdriven guitar riff, that was band from popular radio because it provoked gang violence. How about something a little more mainstream?



Alice Cooper's song "Schools out for Summer" highly known for the title by itself. But have you ever read any of the other lyrics? Lets take a closer look at what Alice Cooper is trying to say: "Well we got no class And we got no principles And we got no Innocence." In other words, Cooper states that they are the "cool" kids and could care less about anybody else and their rules and regulations. The only point I am trying to make here is that back in the "good ole days" of rock and roll and of muscle cars and cheap gas, was that America didn't worry about what others thought of us, we simply just tread where we wanted to and other people dealt with it. But now, it seems as though instead of us growing as a nation, we are de-maturing as a nation. There are certain people who are so concerned with self image and can't stand "The American way", that they have to change and erase every bad and vain thing that's ever happened in history. "So God made a liberal". Now what does any of this have to do with The Declaration of Independence or Isis? Let me tell you, back in the "good ole days" we would have killed Isis while it was a parasite, but now that it is grown to be a terror, we still can't do anything about it. "There are some people that are so concerned with self image, that they can't stand America being the "bad boy" of the world. "So God made a liberal". My point is, is that we need to take a step back and decide what kind of a nation we want to be. The so called "leader of the free world" (bad boy) or the nursing, caring follower of the world. For right now, it seems that we are becoming the follower, not the leader. There are certain people that are trying to change America for worse. "So God made a liberal."  

2 comments:

  1. Well if I was not to trust the government, I would agree with this blog because I would believe it was transforming society into the whining lazy group it is today. I respect your opinion, but as a stranger, I most likely would not see your view as truth seeing as you don't offer the state of other major countries at the time of America's hey day. However, as myself I definitely see where you are coming from but am having a hard time still because you didn't experience that time period hands on. I definitely love your approach to this huge situation through your personal love of music, which you use to try to back up your points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your effort alone to make this connection between the Declaration if Independence, ISIS, Liberals, Musics and the condition of the our nations is admirable. I like the amalgamation of these different views brought together to make a deep point. Good job.

    ReplyDelete