Friday, December 12, 2014
Response to CIA torture claims
Recently, America has gone into shock as to what to do with these torture claims presented by the Democrats concerning the CIA. As a country we are literally immobilized by this event, we don't know what to do now. In short the CIA is torturing people in order to get information vital to the saving of many lives. The facts are that the Democratic party started a full on investigation into the history of torture cases in the CIA. An interesting fact to add before I go any farther is that the Democratic party in the beginning, supported the CIA in what they did torture or not, But now because they have a false sense of heroism or wanting to wash their hands of the whole thing, they're backing out and blaming everything on the CIA. Before the Democrats even started this investigation, the Republican party has taken a back seat, this hints to the fact that the Democrats have something to hide. After the events that occurred on September 11, 2001 The U.S. was completely united, we would do anything possible to get the information we needed to find the people responsible for those events. So what changed? Unfortunately I can't answer that all I know is that the Democratic party is trying to hide something. This whole investigation and the 6,000 page report also came from the assumption of the Democrats, there was no conversation with the CIA there was no interview and there was no testimony. So again we have a Democratic majority interrogating the CIA all on the basis of pictures with no voice from the CIA. As far as I know, that sounds like an infringement on our first amendment rights, freedom of speech. It is ironic in the face of all these arguments of gay marriage and legalizing marijuana, freedom of speech is the name of the game. So why do the advocates of freedom of speech deny it to the people that need it the most, in this case the CIA. Lets dive into the morals of this debate, is torture wrong? Yes it is. Do I believe in this case it's necessary? Absolutely. I believe that to defeat a bigger evil you need commit a smaller evil. Either way you cant win the war, only the battle. As far as the right and wrong of it, few are more qualified to speak than senator John McCain who, being a POW in Vietnam, was imprisoned and himself tortured. McCain states that he believes that torture is wrong and that we as American's should not put up with any kind of torture employed by American personal. So in short, America as a country is just too powerful to revert back to ancient ways to get information, we are so technologically advanced, we have other ways to get it. Also as the leader of the free world, we should not torture and proclaim freedom for all at the same time, it doesn't work. I don't regret anything the CIA did, but in this day and age I believe we should put away torture and find something more effective as far as finding information goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Do I believe in this case it's necessary? Absolutely. I believe that to defeat a bigger evil you need commit a smaller evil." "...in this day and age I believe we should put away torture and find something more effective as far as finding information goes." I get what you mean, but these are two conflicting ideas in writing. Perhaps a bit more clarification here. I believe you've got a good blog from all fronts. If I may suggest, a Bible verse could fit very nicely in this topic ;)
ReplyDelete