Friday, December 5, 2014

Response to Naomi Klein

Are tough times getting you down? Well don't turn to the current economical and ecological state of things. You'll only find a lot of stress and B.S. Enter Naomi Klein who has found an ingenious way to solve our ecological problems I 
I hope you catch my sarcasm. What Klein wants to do is to reduce worldwide emissions, (specifically in America and Europe) by 80%. Because if we don't and the earth temperature rises 2 degrees Celsius, the world will be set on an unstoppable path to destruction. Gee I hope they're getting mars ready for habitation soon.
Now for a little good news, Klein is one of the most radical and far out "green people" out there. Why is this good news you ask? Because Klein and all 
her colleagues are part of a very small minority of these 
people. In other words, this way of thinking isn't going anywhere fast. Klein also comes out and says that the small incremental steps that other "greens" want to improve upon is "not enough" according to Klein and that a total ecological overhaul is in order. The funny thing is that we as conservatives get the implications of Klein's plan better than our "green" counterparts. By the way let's talk about the implications of Klein's plan. First, Let's talk about the 80% cut in emissions, you can say goodbye to all kinds of travel. Your car? Gone, you have business on the other side of the Atlantic? I hope you can swim well because cars, aircraft, ships and perhaps even trains will be outlawed. Sound crazy? Yes. Is there a "green" named Naomi Klein that, if she has her way, would enforce this? Yes. Now why does Klein care so much about the earth? That's a question that i don't know the answer to, however i believe that it has something to do with the fair treatment of all. Klein wants all the world to pull their own weight as far as emissions go and when you get big countries like America and try to fit them in a third world country box, it doesn't work. So to finish, will the American people and European people accept this? No. As Americans we don't give up our freedoms. It's what this nation was founded upon and it's what will endure. Capitalism triumphs for better or for worse, it's human nature.

3 comments:

  1. One of the best statements I have read about this problem comes at the end of this blog when you say "trying to fit a first world country into a third world box." It won't happen, I agree with you, the fallen human will allow himself to become extinct than to give up comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I encouraged voicing you opinion and thought your opinion was good, but I slightly disagree with it on some levels X) Without reading any articles about this topic, I already enjoy creating green environments. I also think it would be incredible if we found habitable planets that were plausible to live on full-scale. (if Christ wasn't already coming to our Earth in the second coming) While Naomi Klein appears to be secular, she does have some good ideas from what I've read in your blog. For another thing, cutting emissions. I kind of like that idea haha. People say the world was a better place without technology. I view a emission cut as a time of rejuvenation, take-5, or a coffee break. That's where the risky part comes in like you mentioned: "As Americans we don't give up our freedoms." That's a blessing and a curse. (e.g. marijuana, freedom of speech etc.) God rested after creating the universe not because he was tired but to set an example for us to have a day of rest. So I suppose in conclusion I would say that more economists and "green people" (everyone really) should observe that day of rest- the natural way to save the planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe technology to be both a blessing and a curse, for what it's meant for its great, but if you introduce really anything into this world it will go much father than expected. And on many levels, technology has gone to bad places. When I said Americans don't give up their freedoms, that was both a good and bad statement. It is good that we will fight for our freedoms, but a bad thing that we fight for the wrong freedoms as you pointed out: marijuana, gay marriage etc.

      Delete