Friday, October 24, 2014

Response to insured abortions

On august 22, 2014, every insurance carrier in California was ordered by the government to start including surgical abortions as "basic health care" in their clients policies. The thing was that this new requirement was passed around quietly and it wasn't until recently that the government has started cracking down on it. As it stands California has not bent to the will of the government and the government doesn't like that. It is rumored that California could lose all government funding if we do not give way to this new requirement. The Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) senior counsel Casey mattox says: "No state can blatantly ignore federal law and think that it should continue to receive taxpayer money". Think of the government as a child for a moment who doesn't get what they want and throws a fit and then you'll understand this. Now to the main issue, us Christians. We may look at this and scoff at this and rally together and say this isn't fair or even that this is infringing upon our first amendment rights, which in its own way, is true. But as I've said before in one of my previous blogs, is this kind of attack new? Is this something that is unprecedented in Christian history? Well the answer is no. As I see it now, here in America, we are not running for our lives avoiding getting our heads chopped off, nor are we providing light for dinner parties. I'd say we're living a lot more comfortable than that. Now don't mistake those last few sentences for me being ashamed to protest against the rest of the world for I am not. I have the utmost respect for those who are leading these protests against the  government and the rest of the world. All I wish to convey to all those Christians who think this is the end of the world and that we have lost is this: The truth is that there is no reason to think we have lost, for God is on our side, no one ever said that being a Christian was going to be easy. I can personally testify that being a Christian is one of the hardest things I've ever attempted, I say attempted because everyday is an attempt to live for Christ and not for the world. However, the bad part is, I fail a lot. But in the end I know my little struggles will be worth it, us Christians will all be winners so don't lose faith, but be strengthened knowing that this life is nothing compared to what's ahead. But until that time comes, always remember that God's light always shines brightest when darkness is at hand.

4 comments:

  1. I do not believe that they think this is the end of the world but rather the beginning of the end. If Christians began compromising our beliefs we slowly will not have one left. Taking a stand may seem rash however it proves that we are not ready to lose what we know to be true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That end of the world part was mostly a figure of speech but I guess it can be taken that way too. I can't really tell if you agree with me or not.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure running with God being on our side was the best move here. Yes, it's an awesome truth, but for this blog, focus more on what your original topic was ;) What can be said/applied to abortion being under insurance specifically? God being with us was the motivation you added to help solve the problem whatever it may have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This went a few different direction. The hard question for this issue is "will the church compromise of will it be the church, the body of Christ?" And what are the end state consequences of the church not obeying sin?

    ReplyDelete